Inherent in the digital book is the promise of change, and I want that promise realized. I no longer expect a blanket model from all publishers and accept the messiness this brings.
I trust my readers, and want them to help choose what titles we should license. Patron-driven acquisitions has received its share of attention in the academic world; it’s time to experiment with popular literature.I want to serve my community. I want publishers to thrive. And I want libraries to flourish.
I want a New Year.
- happysenses likes this
- austenvbronte reblogged this from libraryjournal
- themonicabird likes this
- libraryoasis reblogged this from nerdylikearockstar
- amforghar reblogged this from nighbrarian
- catchingthetradewinds likes this
- abeautifulquiet likes this
- nerdylikearockstar reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- nighbrarian reblogged this from libraryjournal
- rhaithe likes this
- shariden likes this
- juddgeeksout likes this
- libraryjournal reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- paperandparticles likes this
- erinburr likes this
- libraryadvocates likes this
- danilobortoli likes this
- whispersfromthestacks reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- thelifeguardlibrarian posted this