tumblarian vs. tumblrarian
Oh, the great debate.
I use #tumblarian(s).
I trip up on the extra ‘r’ in both typing it out and thinking about saying #tumblrarian. Also, I’ve noticed some general tumblr users tagging #tumblrarian.
I still track both. I also feel very strongly that it’s not very important. I’d rather see #libraries #librarians continue to increase in use.
Maybe you feel differently?
52 Notes/ Hide
- mijnsinziens likes this
- bibliophilemrh likes this
- queer4books reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- bookalchemy likes this
- handsoccupied likes this
- epistrophian answered: tumblarians
- thingsthelibrarystaffwish likes this
- roelngast reblogged this from libraryjournal
- zapharatu likes this
- sallysetsforth likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident answered: Tumblarian
- alepov88 likes this
- lifetimeofliterature likes this
- cavalierzee answered: Tumblarian has a nice ring to it and is a good hybrid of tumblr & librarian. The extra “r” in tumblrarian is unnecessary.
- themonicabird reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian and added:
- themonicabird answered: I use tumblarians. I didn’t evenk THINK of tumblrarians, because it is easier to pronounce Tumblarians than Tumblrarians.
- learnforlife likes this
- thelifeguardlibrarian reblogged this from libraryjournal and added:
- thelifeguardlibrarian likes this
- itmightbedoug likes this
- thedarkwalk likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from libraryjournal and added:
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- gloriousclio reblogged this from libraryjournal
- morerobots answered: yeah, I’ve been using the 2-r one. Didn’t even know there was a difference.
- libraryjournal reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian and added:
- unemployed-librarian reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian and added:
- thecommonlibrarian answered: Tumblarian for me. At least there aren’t as many scantily clad “librarian” roleplayers with duckfaces and borrowed glasses. ;)
- bleakgrouse likes this
- genderbutt answered: All I know is it took me MONTHS to find any library related tumblrs.
- progressive-librarian answered: I am with you, the extra r feels wrong.
- progressive-librarian reblogged this from thelifeguardlibrarian
- novazembla likes this
- missrumphiusproject answered: I like #tumblarian(s). The other is damn near impossible to say.
- chrischelberg answered: For internal community discussion, I think #tumblarian/#tumblrarian works fine. But we can tag with #librarians as well when outward facing.
- bookoisseur answered: I think you’re right. DID YOU SEE THE PUPPY THAT HARVARD LOANS OUT??
- librarean answered: #tumblarian for sure. #librarians should be used too, but #tumblarian is useful for talk of community and tumblr/libraries intersections.
- thepinakes answered: TUMBLARIAN. The extra ‘r’ just serves to make it awkward.
- whitecollar-minorprophet likes this
- memoryepsilon said: I prefer #tumblarian but use it both with and without the “r” in order not to exclude anybody. Would vote for the easier spelling, though, esp. as when spoken aloud it trips off the tongue and *sounds* more like “librarian” (no extra syllable!).
- memoryepsilon likes this
- thedanaash answered: I use tumblarian but tag any library stuff #libraries and #librarians, so it doesn’t matter
- delennsatai answered: I think I prefer “tumblrarian” because the extra “r” makes it closer to “librarian”…but I prefer #libraries and #librarians, myself, too.
- librarianpirate answered: I do tumblarian (no extra r) but I also often do tumblarians plural.
- harperbooks likes this
- howitzerliterarysociety answered: More the merrier. Overwhelm the field and you own it.
- mar-see-ah likes this
- youtastelikenachos answered: tumblarian all the way