I suppose it’s time for this to change. I’m no longer in the business of wrangling teenagers.
It’s been such a bittersweet week. From bitter to sweet, I suppose. It was a hard first few days. I had little to no idea what my new coworkers were talking about; I was thrown face first into a completely foreign discourse community, full of it’s own rules and way too many acronyms.
But the haze has already started clearing here and there. The more work I’ve been able to complete independently, the more energized I feel.
Still, it’s such a stark contrast from where I was—part of the direct care of other human beings. A living mission statement in front of me every day. It’s where thelifeguardlibrarian came from.
I know I’ll find my way back. And I know I’ll find a way to make whatever work I’m doing meaningful. But (wo)man, it couldn’t be more different.
- libraryadvocates likes this
- paperandparticles likes this
- mssnglnk likes this
- learnforlife likes this
- youtastelikenachos said: Best wishes at your new job! Sounds corny but I am sending you good first weeks of work thoughts.
- youtastelikenachos likes this
- yeahhappy likes this
- librarianpirate likes this
- rachelfershleiser likes this
- morerobots likes this
- smuwritingcentre likes this
- thedanaash likes this
- themonicabird likes this
- annaverity likes this
- thelifeguardlibrarian posted this